Wednesday, 29 January 2014

God of Surprises

 This picture appeared in several papers yesterday. I love it! It came as a gift for me - I'm doing some work at the moment on different ways of praying. This is something I'm passionate about - people (including myself!) exploring different ways of spending time with God. (And Jean Vanier suggested there are at least a thousand and one such ways!)

But there's a difference between prayer practices and prayer itself. The former we can learn about, and plan for, and do. The latter will - thank God! - creep up behind us and surprise us. 

2 comments:

  1. So true. We so often muddle the two and place our own restrictions on what does and doesn't count as praying. Thank goodness he can work despite and even through our human limitations!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments, and I'll try to reply to each one.